Hi,

I have an App (online gaming) with over a million requests a day - we use
objectify4, which in turn uses memcache for caching datastore objects.
Usually, memcache is very quick - <10 ms per request.

But occasionally (once a day a bit, once a week very significatnly),
memcache becomes very very slow, from 50-100 up to several hundred
milliseconds - which slows down my requests that get objects from objectify
and memcache down quite a bit (from around 500 ms per request with good
memcache to up to 6 seconds with "slow" memcache") and makes the game
unplayable.

So, did anybody else also experience this issues, and is there anything
from developer side that can be done against that (i do not really want to
abadon objectify) or is this just a flaw that Google App Engine Users have
to live with like suggested
in
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/google-appengine/3gdJKrh5DUQ?

So how to archieve, constant and predictable memcache performane?

thank you,

Gerald