Hello Dan,

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:02:35 AM UTC-5, Dan wrote:

> What happens in the following scenario:
> I have an app with version '12' as the default version and enqueue a task
> without using the target parameter.
> I then change the default version to '13' before the task has executed.
>
> Will the task execute on version '12' even though it is no longer the
> default version or will it execute on '13'? I believe it will still execute
> on version '12' but the documentation seems a bit ambiguous.

I just tested it out on a Java 7 app running GAE SDK 1.7.7. Tasks queued
using the default version will execute using the default version.

So in your scenario, if version 12 is currently the default version, and it
enqueues a task, then version 13 is made the default version and tasks are
allowed to run, then version 13 (the default version) will run those tasks.

The important question is, why is the target parameter failing for your
applications? Can you tell us what the error is?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

My Go side project: http://invalidmail.com/