I base that on my interpretation of Google's Depreciation policy:

https://developers.google.com/appengine/terms

Section 7.3

The original terms at the time of the Master/Slave depreciation was for 3
years, so I believe Google still has to honor that timeframe. But after
that time is up, They are under no obligation to continue to offer or
support the Master/Slave datastore.  I wouldn't make any bets on it
continuing to operate.

As for the read/write issues, I found the simplest way to handle it is to
make good use of Memcache. Store any new data writes in Memcache, and check
Memcache before doing any Datastore reads. This way you'll always get the
latest data.