Hello,

   Thanks very much for your answer, which clarified many things. The
spreadsheet is private to another user, so the best option here is OAuth2,
which I first thought about.

   The workaround with ClientLogin is very rude since you have to protect
the hardcoded password, and anyway not adapted to my situation since the
spreadsheet is not private to me : so I will stay on the option OAuth2.

   But, I have a problem with this solution : *there is no Java example*.
This is the only part of the documentation where the sample is *only* in
.Net. So I tried to pick   Java equivalent by googling around, with no real
good answer.

   I think a Java sample will be benefit for everybody.

Best regards,

David.