Hi John,

On 23 May 2013 10:45, John Wheeler <j...@highvolumeseller.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the new python development server with the app engine 1.8.0
> release. The Google Code page for said dev server here:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/appengine-devappserver2-experiment/
>
> states
>
>    - Multithreaded serving for *better* *performance* for complex
>    applications and more correct semantics e.g. accessing your own application
>    through urlfetch no longer deadlocks.
>
> However, and I don't know if I'm getting the meaning mixed up, but it
> doesn't appear like it can run URLFetches concurrently with one another.
>
> I have a task the fans-out a whole bunch of URLFetches, and they process
> one at a time, very slowly in the new development server. I want them to
> process at the same time.

Could you explain exactly what you mean by "I have a task the fans-out a
whole bunch of URLFetches...". Do you have many task queue tasks that make
synchronous calls using urlfetch, a single task that uses asynchronous
urlfetch,
or something else? Because tasks do *not* (currently) execute in parallel.

Cheers,
Brian