I agree, for some Kinds we accumulated and do no longer use, we just don't
delete them as doing so would cost more than keeping them for more than a
year (or sometimes several years for light entities with several indexed
properties), that is close to the anticipated remaining lifetime of the app.

Removing stuff has little added value so paying a big check for it is not
appealing.