Regarding Spring wiring itself ahead of time:

https://code.google.com/p/reflections/

and especially:

https://code.google.com/p/reflections/wiki/ReflectionsSpring

Note that I have not tried this at all. Spring is still initializing itself
at startup, but the scanning is done at compile time, as I understand it.

Jon Sawyer
j...@jsawyer.net