Well, my question is quite general and perhaps stupid for some of you. So,
I want to write a web app that every time the user clicks on a button it
connects to 5 or 6 other websites, reads 2 or 3 pages from each one, does
some processing on the data read from these sites and then show some result
to the user. At first I thought to create a jsp do to the job, but then I
thought that maybe doing everything (the connection to the websites and
data processing) on the client side using javascript would save me a lot of
server side resources (and money). My question is, what would you do? What
are the drawbacks of doing almost everything in javascript?