Hi Richmond,

The SDK file under* docs/appengine-web.xsd *is preventing me to deploy my
app! I'm trying to keep auto-ids as legacy in my Java app until I develop a
proper fix. When deploying, the AppCfg update tool just refuses to
validates my appengine-web.xml against that XSD. I've included the XML
nodes provided in the auto id documentation here:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/appconfig#auto_id_policy

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0";>

    // rest of configurations here

*    <auto-id-policy>legacy</auto-id-policy>*
</appengine-web-app>

This is the error:

[INFO] <<< appengine-maven-plugin:1.8.1:update (default-cli) @
ofertaunica-webapplication <<<
[INFO]
[INFO] --- appengine-maven-plugin:1.8.1:update (default-cli) @
ofertaunica-webapplication ---
[INFO]
[INFO] Google App Engine Java SDK - Updating Application
[INFO]
[INFO] Retrieving Google App Engine Java SDK from Maven
[INFO] Updating Google App Engine Application
Reading application configuration data...
Bad configuration: XML error validating
/my/home/my/app/target/ofertaunica-webapplication/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml
against /my/home
/.m2/repository/com/google/appengine/appengine-java-sdk/1.8.1/appengine-java-sdk/appengine-java-sdk-1.8.1/docs/appengine-web.xsd
  Caused by: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting
with element 'auto-id-policy'. One of
'{"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":source-language,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":server,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":instance-class,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":automatic-scaling,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":manual-scaling,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":basic-scaling,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":resource-files,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":vm-settings,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":env-variables,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":ssl-enabled,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":async-session-persistence,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":user-permissions,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":public-root,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":inbound-services,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":precompilation-enabled,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":warmup-requests-enabled,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":code-lock,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":vm,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":class-loader-config,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":url-stream-handler,
"http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0":use-google-connector-j}' is expected.
Please see the logs [/tmp/appcfg4123432249939747854.log] for further
information

I also checked that the file contents are identical on the .zip file under
the downloads section, on Maven Central and on my local repository.

Is there anything I can do to avoid breaking my app? I really need to
release a new version and I'm woried to break things until I further
investigate. Does it make sense to use a Datastore Callbak and mannually
allocate the IDs, leaving that configuration out?

Any help/advice will be helpful.