Eventual is eventual, and your question is a bit like asking how big is ∞
or how tall is a tree. You can make a statistical representation of delay,
where a big percentage completes within seconds, and the long tail takes
days or weeks or years. It's not "consistent in 2 hours" and there are no
guarantees, and if you need consistency you have to make it so.

That being said, I would of course prefer if eventual was measured in
minutes and Google resolves any issues causing delays to index updates.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM, James Gilliam <jimgill...@gmail.com>wrote:

> We have used eventual consistency for a long time without any issues.  We
> would see multiple versions of data but only in the shortest time frames,
> usually a few seconds.
>
> Recently, eventual consistency started being measured in hours and even
> days.
>
> So, the question is ... how long do we have to wait for eventual
> consistency?
>
> And if it is more than a few minutes, do we have to use strong consistency
> to get our data consistent?
>
> Thanks
>
>  --

Helge Tesdal