Had the same problem this morning.
It lasted 3 hours.. Status page showed the errors from the previous day (I had
problems deploying my app).

You can believe I'm not very happy with the (almost) non existing communication
about failures like this. Not even a word on twitter like if Google don't want
us to find out. And this is not be first time (that I notice a problem). What
about the times I don't notice a problem? When you look at the status history
we seem to have a 100% uptime and that is a huge lie.

I love the easy deploys and easy to use services that GAE java offers and until
now my projects are always temporary that have sometimes the need to scale
out..

But with a new project in the making that isn't temporary, I would like to know
if the status page could get an update soon about what is going on and when the
problem will be solved. That can't be so difficult (and please without paying
500$ a month for that information.)

It's one of the arguments I use for selling GAE to clients: it's cheaper than
others because we don't need a sys admin. But maybe I'm wrong and we should
hire one so we at least can inform our clients what the problem is and when it
will be solved?