This is something we are working hard on. We're updating many code paths to
fix a lot of issues and migrate over to the GCS client. Changes won't roll
out in one big release, rather updates will be released as they are
completed. If you don't want to wait, it is absolutely supported to use the
GCS client to write out data from within your own MapReduce.