Hi all,

A quick plug for thundr: http://3wks.github.io/thundr/

This is our light weight Web MVC which was built specifically to overcome
some of the issues we experienced trying to use spring, play and other
frameworks on appengine.

Its designed to give you a leg up with simplicity and transparency of code
relationships, so it offers good high level abstractions.

However one of the main pains i suffered with other frameworks is that a
lot of the appengine services are quite low level, so it never prevents you
from hooking in basic low-level stuff. For example, you can just wire up an
existing servlet as a controller if you need to, or pull in an external
library to handle specific use cases. Its comes with jsp support out of the
box, but its easy to plug in other templating languages (velocity,
handlebars, any other implementation you care to name).

It also runs on other platforms (although obviously appengine specific code
won't), if you need a migration path in mind.

Its being used on multiple production enterprise applications, some of
which have been going for well over a year and we're very happy with it.
Take a look!