Evan, if the question here is whether currentTimeMils() returns correct
time, it's all managed for you, obviously including correct time. This is
not an EC2 instance.

Not that it probably matters here but Google introduced a concept called
"true time", which IMO even more accurate than NTP in some sense. I don't
know if servers that run appspot apps use it at some level, but I know for
sure Google team use it in Spanner.

Anyway, why would you want to adjust current system time, do you have
evidence that it's not accurate enough?