I have the same - flood of warmup issues. My app has been over quota whole
day because of this. (appid: aforizmler, runtime:java)
This is really becoming a critical issue. We are loosing users/visitors
because appengine is so unreliable so often so lately.
We get this warmup issues almost every week and the rest of the time it is
just very slow.

I am so inclined to just migrate to some other platform right now.

Can somebody from Google give us some information on this. We need to know
that this issue is being handled and going to be resolved finally. I am
sure and everybody here can confirm this is number one issue at least for
java runtime.