Looking at the user agent (assuming I am interpreting it correctly) you are
being hit by google bot.  Its probably hitting you very fast and each
request can not be serviced so it causes heaps of  new instances to be
started to service the requests.

It's odd you instance is failing immediately with error 121.

I have had similiar problems in the past from google bot (though not
mobile) and was able to get my site flagged so that google bot wouldn't hit
it so hard and fast.

That might be worth looking at - where the/what user request is prompting
the instance start requests.  I find the only times where I get instances
started rapidly are when a bot hits me.
The main culprit at the moment is  Sosospider/2.0;
+http://help.soso.com/webspider.htm)