http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17903025/gae-blobstore-file-like-api-deprecation-timeline-py-2-7-runtime

This is a question for the App Engine team.

Last week we realized that the App Engine team had marked the file-like API
for writing and reading to the blobstore as being deprecated and likely to
be removed in the future. We have quite a bit of infrastructure relying on
that API that now we need to port to the alternative they suggest (Google
Cloud Storage) and this is not a trivial effort (especially considering our
current backlog). So the question is: how soon will this file-like API be
unavailable? It's fairly important for us to know as depending on the
answer, we might shuffle our backlog to prioritize the porting of using the
Blobstore to GCS.

Thanks.