Here's a conversation I have probably weekly. Custom domain setup needs to
be fixed; it's embarrassing for our company and it's embarrassing for
Google.

Every please star
this: https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=8528

Tiffany:
    hey
    did you change myhttps://appengine.google.comaccess?
Jason:
    I deleted the va-apps-setup - is that what you're trying to get at?
Tiffany:
    umm sure. that's where we went to add google apps for partners on
custom domains...?
Jason:
    that technique doesn't work anymore
    you have to do the pay-for-it-request-$50-rebate approach now.
Tiffany:
    ok well yes, but I was still going through here before. so what do i do
now? just go right to here to sign up?
http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/ ?
Jason:
    Yes - full-on single user sign up
Tiffany:
    hmm ok
    thanks
Jason:
    hopefully something better coming soon, but I haven't heard anything
concrete yet.
Tiffany:
    ok 1 more question. I am going to set them up. They gave me
i...@foobardomain.com to use. But the message from google is "

That address is currently used by a personal Google Account. Use a
different address for your organizational account "
    so do they ahve to set up google apps themselves then?
Jason:
    hmmm.
    you probably need to set up an admin@[your-custom-domain].com or
something
Tiffany:
    but if they use gmail as their email provider, won't the issue occur
for any email they create? the verification goes there so they need to get
it.
Jason:
    but aren't you creating the first brand new user?
    I'm not sure what email you're being asked for?
Tiffany:
    well the first app user. it's asking for app engine user name
[blank]@foobardomain.com.
Jason:
    app engine?
    not sure why app engine.
    but you likely need to use a new name that is not already in use as a
Google Account.
    so perhaps ad...@foobardomain.com ?
Tiffany:
    oops i mean google apps account
Jason:
    that account can have a secondary email address too
Tiffany:
    yah i put myself as that.
    ok well i can ask. but i guess I don't really know enough about email
creation? haha i just assumed if I ask them to create
ad...@foobardomain.com that they would make it as a gmail account since it
appears that's what they are using as their email provider?
Jason:
    no - don't have them create that.
    you are creating that right now via Google Apps
Tiffany:
    ok so i just make up something. I just tried admin and got the same
thing
Jason:
    try vndadmin maybe
Tiffany:
    I'm sorry...i'm sure you're busy...
Jason:
    I could see that "ad...@foobardomain.com" would already be setup as a
Google Acct.
Tiffany:
    but if I put vndadmin then they won't receive the email ffrom google
apps re: their set-up and asking them to verify the domain
    i thought I had to put in an actual exisiting email
Jason:
    There is a secondary email that you supply that will get sent that
message.
    ... I think ...
Tiffany:
    okI guess that's fine. however it worked before I was able to get it to
send to the partner and to myself
    but i think i'm good now. I'l figure it out.
Jason:
    I think the issue here is that the partner has created Google Accounts
that are now colliding with the Google Apps accounts.