Hi Vinny, so what is the best practice in this case? Our website has to
wait for the image to become available. So, should we poll somehow
(repeatedly call getServingUrl())? Is there a way to be notified when
getServingUrl() will no longer fail (some kind of completion callback we
need to fill out)? What is the best way to wait for getServingUrl() to
succeed?

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Vinny P <vinny...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Richard Spillane <necro...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I've been experiencing this exact same problem, but for the go client.
>> When I upload a small image (<1M), then call getServingUrl on the blob
>> key, everything works fine, but when I upload a larger image (8M was what I
>> tried), I consistently got timeout error when calling image.getServingUrl.
>>

> How soon are you calling getServingUrl after you write/upload the image?
> As the issue you linked stated, the blobstore needs some time to process
> the image before it can provide a serving URL.

> -Vinny P
> Technology & Media Advisor
> Chicago, IL
>
> App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com