My understanding (*which may be wrong; I was told this by a Google sales
rep a long time ago, I vouch for nothing here*) is that all App Engine apps
within NA are located within a single location for multiple reasons; for
example, low latency communications between instances of an app/between
multiple app ids, access to same memcache, etc.

But in cases of emergency when that datacenter is down (flood, hurricane,
etc) Google can move applications to a different datacenter (for example,
as they did here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine-downtime-notify/IQjNvKp_rWU
).
Data in the datastore though is replicated across different datacenters.

TLDR data is replicated across locations, instances/memcache/queue/cron/etc
is consolidated to a single location although they can be moved by Google's
NOC.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL