I'm running my app on my local machine and using the remote API to access a
datastore on my production side. Everything was working great until I tried
adding a second app in google app engine launcher (I believe this is what
caused the issue) because I had to merge what I was working on with some
more up to date code and wanted to test as I went along. Suddenly I can't
even access the remote datastore anymore. I get the error

app s~buybottandrew cannot access app dev~buybottandrew's data

I tried clearing the local datastore which allows me to access the remote
datastore once, then the problem comes up again.

I read suggestions on the default_partition flag and I've tried passing
that as well, with a muitiplicity of different things including nothing and
an empty string.

--default_partition=s~buybottandrew

It gives me the same error no matter the argument

dev_appserver.py: error: unrecognized arguments:
--default_partition=s~buybottandrew

If I remove all my remote api code and deploy it when I test it on the
production server everything works perfectly. I can't seem to narrow down
what is going on for the life of me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.