I saw strange instance behavior yesterday just after pushing a new
deployment. I assumed it was something I'd done on my end and was about to
post something.  Specifically, I'm seeing a lot of optimistic concurrency
failures from Objectify and those requests are taking a long time to
fulfill, and that seems to be impacting the # of instances required to
service my low average QPS.

Things seemed to settle down for a while, but just the last few hours I'm
seeing odd behavior again.

Maybe I'll throw some more rainbow skittles at the unicorns...