If search>datastore was true, I would definitely do that, search is more
powerful
However, it's unclear what are search's limits, first of all there is the
250gb index limit, even if that was elevated it's unclear whether it can
perform as good as datastore
There is also the cost issue, even if it performed as good as datastore, it
could result in a huge increase in costs

I'm using search api with actual text search, and it replicates the
functionality of the original sort orders/views pretty good, however there
are the concerns I mentioned