I have a caching logic for datastore entities, the cache was invalidating
elements when changes are applied to the entity
The logic was
if change_time>cache_item_created: delete cache_item
It also checks whether the cache_item has been applied before and logs an
error if it does

I've been seeing the errors pop up, but it's always between datetime's that
differ only by 2-3 seconds

Than I remembered a *really* old discussion about instance time differences
and it seems that the cause of these 2-3 second differences is instance
time differences

Could this be the case?

I'm thinking of logging an error only-if the difference is >some_seconds,
however unsure how many seconds that should be, is there an upper limit to
this time difference, if it exists?