Vinny

Unfortunately python urlfetch does not have any cache bypass options that I
can see. I tried fetching from a different name for the same server, and
that didn't work. The server doesn't have anything funny in front of it....

I have worked around it now by creating a specific ipv6 only name for my
server, and now appengine can reach it.

I also wrote another endpoint in my app that does a fetch call to any site,
and it appears that I can get to any site apart from my server. This seems
very weird indeed.

After some more investigation, I can see the inbound SYN from appengine and
the responding SYN-ACK, but never the next packet from appengine. This
feels like some sort of ip routing problem....

Philip