Hi James,

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM, James Gilliam <jimgill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just got a response from google apps about the $50 credit ... they say it
> doesn't apply to google apps ...
> Wasn't the credit suppose to be for the google apps account ????????????
> because of the charge for using the damn thing even if you don't want the
> email?

The credit counts against your App Engine charges, not against Google Apps.
The credit is an offset against the Apps charges, as noted in the post
here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-appengine/pVZfdeky-ow/AcK0bcHdv-cJ

To be clear: yes, you pay the $50/year/user Google Apps charge, but then
you can use the credit to receive a "free" $50 worth of App Engine
services.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM, James Gilliam <jimgill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew responded with
> "I see. Unfortunately this credit is only available for the first $50 of
> your Google App Engine spend, not Google Apps. "
> I can't see where the credit was applied anywhere ... and don't even
> understand what Andrew is talking about ...

The credit should be applied against your App Engine charges. Are you
running a paid tier application on your new Apps account?

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM, James Gilliam <jimgill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I applied for the credit on a domain ... got email saying it was granted
> on oct 3rd ... on nov 2nd they billed my credit card for the monthly $5 ...
> and there is no sign of the credit on the account ...

Change to the yearly payment plan. If you pay monthly, you pay
$5/user/month ($60/year/user). The yearly payment plan is $50/year/user.