I am a beginner to DataStore and I am wondering how I should use it to
achieve what I want to do.

For example, my app needs to keep track of customers and all their
purchases.

Coming from relational database, I can achieve this by creating [Customers]
and [Purchases] table.
In DataStore, I can make [Customers] and [Purchases] kinds.

Where I am struggling is the structure of the [Purchases] kind.

If I make [Purchases] as the child of [Customers] kind, would there be one
entity in [Customers] and one entity in [Purchases] that share the same
key? Does this mean in side of this [Purchases] entity, I would have a
property that just keeps increasing for each purchase they make?

Or would I have one [Purchases] entity for each purchase they make and in
each of these entities I would have a property that points to a entity in
[Customers] kind?

How does DataStore perform in these scenarios?