Think about it.

Automatic updates of code (PHP) or otherwise are not possible on appengine.
 Unless the PHP code is stored in the datastore/mysql which it isn't

The only possible path would be an automatic update on the dev environment
(I don't believe that could happen either the the SDK server) unless you
ran the wordpress under another server
and then deployed the code base to your appengine instance.