I realise that considering the cost, this is a very minor nit - but the
billing for idling IP addresses seems...odd.

For my test google app, overnumerousness-site I was seeing some very odd
usage charts.  My Cloud SQL instance seemed to be constantly running,
despite there not being any traffic.

Checking the database usage for the past day, I saw an extremely small
read/write blip occuring approximately every 15 minutes.  Checking my GAE
instance log files, I see that about every 15-16 minutes there is a single
request for /index.php from my own ip address.  Turns out there is a
polling script on the page by default that runs to keep my session alive
since I had a config screen open in the browser.  This means for the last
day[and during some other days], my app usage when idling is:
10 minutes of idling, Cloud SQL and GAE Instance turn off.
5 minutes later, the browser requests index.php.  Cloud SQL and GAE turn
back on.
10 minutes of idling, Cloud SQL and GAE instance turn off.
5 minutes later, the browser requests index.php.  Cloud SQL and GAE turn
back on.

That amounts to roughly 40 minutes out of every hour where the Cloud SQL
instance is active, which seems to match the jump in hours I noticed from
yesterday to today because it wasn't quite a full X hours from when I was
last working on it[around 9PM yesterday].

However, what is odd is that there seems to be a massive jump on the idling
ip address hours...  It seems that instead of measuring elapsed clock time,
it measures each occurence.  So over the course of an hour, there will be
four 5 minute "idling" gaps - and for each of those occurrences it charges
a full hour - so I'm paying for 4 hours of ip idling which really only took
20 minutes?

It's a very small nit since it really is my own fault for not releasing the
ip address when I finished working at 9pm last night[and for not closing
the windows running the keep alives!]  but I figured I'd mention it in case
anyone else is seeing thing...it was driving me crazy trying to figure out
how I was simultaneously wracking up hours of cloud sql time AND ip idling
time when no one was even accessing the application. :-)