On Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:52:13 PM UTC-5, Ken Bowen wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Are you using namespaces and running your code in a non-default namespace?
>  That was my problem (see the very end of my original post.)  My revised
>  code for 11/21 runs in the default namespace -- that's why it worked.

PHP doesn't support namespaces yet - so I suspect the problem has something
to do with the way GS storage is emulated on the SDK and the pseodo
datastore interface for PHP.  As a workaround, I added a special stream to
read/write from so on my dev server it can use files while on the GAE
server it uses google storage.