On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Tapir <tapir....@gmail.com> wrote:

> This page mentions all modules instances will be started.
> https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/modules/routing
> But I don't how to do this. When call dev_server on a second module, it
> says:
> Could not open the requested socket: Address already in use: bind. Try
> overriding --address and/or --port.

The dev server should be starting up all the modules automatically, you
don't need to call the dev server a second time.

When you call the dev server on the second module - after already calling
it on the first module - the second dev server instance is unable to run
because (as it points out in the error text) the first dev server instance
is already bound to the port. So this is correct behavior.

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Tapir <tapir....@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I call dev_server on the ear directory, it says
>
> com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineConfigException: Could not
> locate D:\my-project\ear\WEB-INF\appengine-web.xml
>
> yes, there is no WEB-INF in the ear folder but only a META-INF folder and
> module folders in the ear folder.

More than likely, the dev server is interpreting your folder as a basic,
single-module application rather than a multi-module application (i.e. JAR
rather than an EAR). Can you post the stack trace for the

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Tapir <tapir....@gmail.com> wrote:

> The folder structure of my-projects is total a clone from the above GAE
> document link.

Can you try cloning the modules example from here:
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-modules-sample-java and
see if that works for you?