I have an App Engine server that provides a REST API and would like to
protect it with OAuth 2.0. Applications that use my REST API will be run on
headless servers and not have any user input i.e. no web browser redirects
for users to enter their username and password.

Twitter does more or less what I want with its Application Only
Auth<https://dev.twitter.com/docs/auth/application-only-auth> which
uses the Client Credentials
Grant<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.4> approach
of OAuth 2.0.

Does the App Engine OAuth
service<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/oauth/> allow
me to do this? If so how? (I find the documentation confusing and can't get
a 2-legged approach to work in any case.) Otherwise where should I look for
an alternative as I don't want to reinvent the wheel especially with
security related parts of my app.

I would appreciate pointers to Go resources, but Python would also work for
me.