On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Danny <da...@dannybaggs.com> wrote:

> I received this morning a "Updates to Cloud Platform Terms of Service"
> mail - no biggy.
>
> The thing is, the app listed in the mail is something I didn't create and
> I'm 150% sure as the logs detail that it was created only a month ago and
> I'm pretty sure I'd remember.
>
> Therefore, I'm security conscious and have the 2-step authentication set
> up so I wanted to understand how this could have happened and what the
> reason may have been.
>
> As I don't use the platform, I have no ability to use the support channels
> offered, which has left me frustrated. I have deleted the app (due to
> happen in a day or two) but I am not necessarily happy at just that. I
> would like to seek assurances why this happened and that it won't happen
> again.

You're probably better off filing an issue in the tracker:
https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/entry

With that said, is the application ID in question worded somewhat
strangely, similar to *randomword1-randomword2-3digitnumber*? If so, then
there's probably no need to worry. Those application IDs are created by the
sample applications in the Cloud Platform console; were you perhaps trying
out a few tutorials a month ago?