I was seeing that the the custom domain (eg. www.domain.com) was being 302
redirected to google.com, and any more specific URLs (eg.
www.domain.com/product) were producing the "that's all we know" Google 404
error. Resolved within about 5 minutes of me noticing it.

Has Google announced anything about this anywhere? The GAE status
page<https://code.google.com/status/appengine> indicated
all was OK, as did the Google Apps status
page<http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status>.
Would like to have some place to check in future that will confirm that it
is a problem Google is working to resolve, rather than something that I
need to resolve.