I have a question regarding performance and saving non-indexed data in the
datastore.

I have a situation where I have an entity with several tidbits of
information that I need to save (currently around 20-30 columns each with a
few bytes of information worth). Most of those tidbits do not require
indexing. It used to be that I would save every piece of information in a
different indexed column. After reading up on the subjects I came to
realize that I can save costs and performance by not having all the pieces
of information in indexed column. I have 3 main options I consider changing
into:
1. Keep saving the various column I don't need indexing for but turn their
type to ByteString to keep them from being indexed.
2. Get all the tidbits of information, turns them into some common format
like json or xml and store that in a single blob column.
3. Same thing as 2 but before storing the blob compress it using some fast
and common compression algorithm like.

Which is the better option?
What are the considerations I need to make as far as write read costs or
cpu time?
Can you direct me to reading material on the subject (performance and data
storage) specifically tuned to google's datastore?