Hi all,

So, I have an important, but low traffic internal app. Typically 0-2
concurrent users, the "peak" would be max 5 users. Considering the warmup
requests and some cron jobs, 1 or max. 2 instances should be sufficient to
easily serve these.

What I'm trying to achieve is that using Application Settings, I want to
have 2 resident instances (F4) and no loading requests after the 2
instances were started. This is a Java app, and loading requests add 10-15s
to the response time, totally killing the experience. I want to bypass the
heuristics and auto-scaling in the Scheduler and always run on those 2
instances, not more, not less. I am ready to pay for the idle time, but I
don't want users to face those 15s responses.

My current settings are:

    <min-idle-instances>2</min-idle-instances>
    <max-idle-instances>2</max-idle-instances>
    <min-pending-latency>10ms</min-pending-latency>
    <max-pending-latency>15.0s</max-pending-latency>

Even with these, I can see the 2 resident instance plus 0-2 more dynamic
ones. It really drives me crazy. Currently it is 4 instances and it is only
me using the app (plus the occasional warmups and cronjobs)...

Any suggestions? (I know that the long discussions about the Scheduler in
this group, but I haven't seen this exact question asked ever.)