On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Amaranth F <fallings...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My helloworld.py is like this:
>    response_headers = [('Content-Type', 'text/plain'),
>                        ('Content-Length', str(len(response_body)))]
>    start_response(status, response_headers)
>    return [response_body]
>
> then I ran "python dev_appserver.py proj/test" succeeded.
> but I got a BadStatusLine exception when I goto http://localhost:8080.
>
> Did anyone know how to solve this?
>
> BadStatusLine: ''
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "e:\software\python27\lib\httplib.py", line 373, in _read_status
>     raise BadStatusLine(line)

The BadStatusLine error originates from httplib.py, and the source code for
httplib ( http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/2.7/Lib/httplib.py scroll down
to line 373) indicates this error occurs when the server closes the
connection prematurely, or doesn't receive a valid response.

There may be an issue with your local dev environment. Can you try running
the official helloword example application at
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-helloworld-python and see
if it works for you?