On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 12:50 AM, <ganat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     I have created a Google App Engine application.
>     I want to use google Login as the standard login for all users in my
> application.
>     I also have a desktop java client which needs to connect to my web
> application, authenticate and download a file from the server.
>     Not sure how to go about doing this.
>     I have written a client program which connects to Google, logins and
> gets the user information using an example
>     This works fine.However, I am really confused on how to setup
> authentication in my app, use the google login and connect to it from a
> desktop client.

For your web application, it would be easier to use the Users API (
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/users/ ) to handle logins
rather than the way the linked tutorial suggests.

For your desktop application, you can manage logins via the OAuth 2.0 For
Installed Applications:
https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2InstalledApp