Can I add a couple of questions about all this works?
I've watched the keynote.

At a certain point Chris says "we're opening App Engine".
That makes me think that suddenly the VM a GAE instance runs in becomes
customizable.
But that doesn't seem the case, as far as I understand, it means GAE
instances will connect to Compute Engine VMs via Websockets, is that how it
works?

Thanks