If you go to the appids in question (exampleid.appspot.com) is the
application still serving requests? If so, the original account is most
likely still valid; in that case you might want to visit the Google Apps
support forum to see about reactivating it.

Otherwise you'll probably want to file an issue on the tracker:
https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/entry

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL