<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WaRndlhWvFc/U3EPsvtNDYI/AAAAAAAAAC4/bIIZ8oPVGiI/s1600/instances.jpg>
For the last five hours every request is spawning a new instance.  Site
performance is currently terrible as a result and billed instances are out
of control.

This is the same problem which occurred last Friday and was supposedly
resolved here
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine-downtime-notify/VmH7s-Eeyso.

Looking at my instance graph, this behavior seems to have been occurring
off and on for the last eight days.

*Google App Engine Team, what is happening?  We need this resolved ASAP and
some communication on this bug!*