On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Jaime Yap <jaime...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if the memcached APIs for appengine supported CAS Delete
> (Delete iff CAS ID matches). They don't seem to expose it, although I
> believe memcached itself does in fact support such a thing.
>
> I am specifically interested in this for the Go runtime. But I believe the
> python and Java apis are also missing a CAS Delete. Was its omission
> intentional?

No.

CAS IDs are hidden as far as I know. See the following note from
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/memcache/clientclass?csw=1#Client_cas

*Note: The cas_id is a hidden value, handled internally and automatically
by the methods that support compare and set. You don't do anything explicit
in your code to read, write, or manipulate cas_ids.*

Since you're focused on the Go runtime, you may also want to crosspost your
question to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-appengine-goalthough
I don't believe the Go runtime exposes that value either.