Depends on what language to support. My feedback is based on java.

You could bundle as a simple jar that you define on your web.xml. similar
to what pipeline does.

If you build on java and the jar is in the classpath, it would be great
because you can edit the multiple rows and then use reflection to edit also
serialized objects inside the row fields. That would be really powerful.

Something that I built custom and I use a lot is a mapreduce task that
updates all objects using code that I type on a web console. Its like the
bigtable version of the update sql command :)
The benefit of having it on a web console is that I don't need to go
through all the hassle of doing another release just to run some simple db
update. It's also well tested and I know its going to work and be
maintained.

Rafa