Yesterday I attended the Google I/O Extended in Mountain View and the speaker
referred to ndb as his preferred GAE database. I also just saw a posting here
mentioning something similar.

The two data stores are the original master/slaveā€”I think now deprecated---and
the High Replication one. Both the python db and ndb are APIs to access the
datastore. If you come from a SQL world db/ndb play the role of both a
traditional DDL and an access API like ADO/JDBC or probably closer to an
object/relational mapping API.

I hope this clarifies.

PK
http://www.gae123.com