I've been lurking on this mailing list for quite a while, and
suspected the move to SO was a bad idea; answers are excellent, but
you can't have a community on SO. You need forums.

The best thing I've found elsewhere is the official cloud platform
community on G+:

https://plus.google.com/communities/105461889719084929003

Pretty low volume, but looks ok.

On 27 June 2014 20:11, Diego Duclos <diego.duc...@palmstonegames.com> wrote:
> I find visiting the #appengine IRC channel answers this need for me. Though
> it's quiet at times, more people joining it would help tremendously there.
> We also have this very mailing list of course.
>

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Philip Kilner <phil.kil...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 27/06/14 09:15, timh wrote:
>> > Unfortunately it seems all the good appengine discussions went away with
>> > the SO introduction
>> > however SO is no good for discussions about approach, idea's etc...  it
>> > also seems like a lot of input etc
>> > disappeared when people like Nick Johnson and Ikai went elsewhere.
>> >
>> > Just my 2c worth.
>> >

>> +1
>>
>> I find that listening to the chit-chat of form discussions is a great
>> way to discover how other people use tools and helps me learn, and the
>> lack of such a forum since the advent of SO as the official channel has
>> made App Engine that much less attractive as a result.
>>
>> Ultimately, Google's changes in this area have convinced me that I am
>> not the intended audience for App Engine. As a solo developer, my needs
>> have been much better served since I switched to platforms where the
>> vendors see the value in this sort of community.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> PhilK
>>

>> 'a bell is a cup...until it is struck'