On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Julian Wood <jul...@mobilesce.com> wrote:

>  Then yesterday, we wanted to also use the smtp server for this account,
> to send from another server. To do that, we needed to add gmail capability
> to the account, which we did. Google also asked for a gmail address (
> company.nore...@gmail.com) to use with the account, making the original
> address an alternate address. I then made nore...@company.com the default
> from address and moved on. This worked perfectly for smtp relay purposes.
>
> Now the problem - our GAE suddenly stopped sending mail. In addition, the
> account listed in permissions changed from nore...@company.com to
> company.nore...@gmail.com. I invited nore...@company.com again, which all
> went fine, except that in the end, Google thinks it is
> company.nore...@gmail.com.
>
> Is there any way to use nore...@company.com to send mail from GAE again?

Gmail capability should already have been included in the admin account;
you shouldn't have needed to do anything.

Try this: log in as admin onto your Apps account, and create a new user:
call it pleasedonotreply @ company . com (without spaces). Don't configure
an alternate Gmail account or anything, just go through the standard new
user setup. If you see Gmail asking for an alternate email, screenshot the
page and post it here.

Then send an invite to pleasedonotreply to become an admin on the App
Engine application, and reconfigure it as the sending (from) email address
on your emails. Try to send email again.