On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM, 許吉宏 <2pythonwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vinny P,
>   Followed your suggestion , I used built-in mail function to send mail by
> cron successfully. Do you know why is the reason I can't use Gmail API
> through Cron? Any GAE limitation or where is wrong ? Thank you very much .

That's the thing: there isn't any GAE limitation. You should be able to use
the Gmail API from cron requests just like any other Google API service.

What I would try is this: try accessing any other Google API from a cron
request and see if it succeeds. For example, try using the URL Shortener
API ( https://developers.google.com/url-shortener/v1/getting_started#shorten
) and see if any problems pop up. Also, try using your cron request to
spawn off a task queue request
<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/taskqueue/overview-push>
, delay the task by 30 seconds by using the countdown argument
<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/taskqueue/functions>,
and running your Gmail code within the task queue request.