Do you think using Google Accounts is a reasonable user authentication
system for a GAE application?

Should I require all my users to have Google Accounts for certain functions
(commenting, and other user generated content).

Or, should I create my own system. Users have to create user ids, enter
email addresses, passwords, captchas, forgot password/recovery, ugh.

My app is pretty much targeted to all people, not just tech-savvy.

What is the general recommendation these days? What is user tolerance /
willingness to just use google accounts or Oauth/OpenID? Are people
reluctant to want to use their google account on my website?