On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Lapteuh <lapt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tested this code
> <https://gist.github.com/anonymous/18648c7134f41a6c1b74>. First again,
> *required* parameter ignored, but it must be composable (It is written in
> the documentation). Second, *validation* in *StructuredProperty* work
> only on *not None* value and it's second bug, because writing custom
> property for model useless at this point.

I think you might be missing Tim's point. FirstModel will be validated, but
the inner SecondModel isn't being validated - it's serialized directly as a
property. You can see this because the pre-put and post-put hooks you
defined for SecondModel aren't being run (at least, I don't see the correct
log lines after line 64 in your Github gist).

If you want SecondModel validated, try to put it directly as Tim attempted
to do in his post (and received the correct error messages).

Now as for the larger question you asked in the OP, this might be something
that should be clarified in documentation, but I don't think it's
necessarily a bug. If you need this style of validation to work in your
app, you can try explaining your use case and there may be workarounds we
can try.