Oh man! This is like Pipelines "Lite"! I love it :D

Some early feedback on the Count example -

It seems odd to start your promises in the constructor, technically before
you know that 'put' has completed. It's possible that the tasks trigger
before the entity is saved.
[now obviously, this may have been intended, because your just saving a
count result - it's meant to count large numbers of entities, but what if
that count is 0 ;D]

This is a case where I'd leverage transactional task saves with the entity
put. :) [but I don't know enough about the underlying architecture to know
whether or not you require task names]

Anyway, exciting!
ps your article didn't mention pipelines, which are an incredibly useful
asset: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-pipelines